Saturday, November 29, 2008

Buon Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday, and could spend quality time with those most important to you and reflect on how blessed we all are... so many people were not able to come home, or didn't have a home to go back to for Thanksgiving. The highlight of the day for me is watching the Macy's Parade; I was a bit sad that I didn't get to see but about 15 minutes of it, but given how much it made me miss New York and the summer, it was probably a good thing. At least I got to see the performance by the cast of the Little Mermaid (which was not that great of a play, but has such an incredibly talented cast!) ...what I would have given to be able to see the parade in person! One day. =]

Although I enjoyed Thursday, I had also been looking forward to Wednesday for quite some time... they have been building a new J Crew outlet 45 minutes from my house (the nearest one otherwise is 3+ hours away), and the grand opening was last weekend!! I was a bit worried that I would be disappointed in the merchandise and selection, but my only complaint, if you could even call it that in the fit of joy I was having, was that they didn't carry shoes or jewelry (but do any of the factory stores?) The haul? Spent under $200 (one ninety eight, to be exact) and scored bootcut jeans, espresso flannel-lined chinos (a new favorite... dressy on the outside, pajama party on the inside!), a black turtleneck sweater dress, and the lady day peacoat in camel... I felt like I was practically stealing that one. I was going to post pictures, but can't seem to find them anywhere... I'm sure you can probably just imagine what jeans look like. ;) I can't wait to see what Christmas sales are in store!! (Get it? In *store*? Anyway....)

In a fit of procrastinating the loads of work I have to finish before exams, and since I'm incurably festive sometimes, a good part of my break has been spent downloading ridiculous amounts of Christmas music. I compiled my top 20 favorites on my playlist, in no specific order... enjoy!! =]

No comments: